Creating a subdomain is an essential step in building a website. A subdomain allows you to create a separate section of your website, which can be used for various purposes like hosting a blog, an online store, or a forum. Hostinger, one of the popular web hosting providers, allows you to create subdomains easily. In this comprehensive guide, we will show you how to create a subdomain in Hostinger in just 5 easy steps.
5 easy steps to create a subdomain in Hostinger
Follow these 5 easy steps to create a subdomain in Hostinger
Step 1: Log in to Your Hostinger Account
To create a subdomain in Hostinger, you need to first log in to your account. If you don’t have an account already, you can sign up for one on the Hostinger website.
Step 2: Go to the Subdomains Section
Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Subdomains” section in the control panel (hPanel). This can be found under the “Domains” tab.
Step 3: Enter Your Subdomain Name
Next, you will need to enter the name of your subdomain. This can be anything you like, but it should be relevant to the content you are going to host on it. For example, if you are creating a subdomain for your blog, you could use “blog.yourdomain.com”.
Step 4: Configure Your Subdomain Settings
After you have entered your subdomain name, you will need to configure your subdomain settings. You can choose to point your subdomain to a specific folder or leave it as the default settings.
Step 5: Create Your Subdomain
Finally, click on the “Create” button to create your subdomain. It may take a few minutes for your subdomain to become active, so be patient.
How to create a subdomain in cPanel Hostinger
To create a subdomain in cPanel Hostinger, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account in Hostinger.
- Scroll down to the “Domains” section and click on the “Subdomains” icon.
- In the “Create a Subdomain” section, enter the name of the subdomain you want to create in the “Subdomain” field.
- Choose the domain you want to associate the subdomain with from the dropdown list in the “Domain” field.
- In the “Document Root” field, the system will automatically suggest a path for your subdomain. You can leave it as it is or edit it if you want to specify a different document root.
- Click on the “Create” button to create the subdomain.
- Once you have completed these steps, your subdomain will be created, and you will be able to access it using the URL: subdomain.domain.com.
Note: It may take some time for the subdomain to become fully active due to DNS propagation. During this time, your subdomain may not be accessible.
How to create a subdomain on Hostinger VPS Server
Creating a subdomain on Hostinger VPS server is a simple process and can be completed in just a few steps. Here’s a complete guide on how to do it:
- Log in to your Hostinger account and navigate to the VPS control panel.
- Click on the “Domains” tab and select “DNS Zone Editor.”
- Select the domain for which you want to create a subdomain.
- Click on the “Add Record” button and select “A Record” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Name” field, enter the name of your subdomain. For example, if you want to create a subdomain called “blog.yourdomain.com,” enter “blog” in this field.
- In the “Address” field, enter the IP address of your VPS.
- Click the “Add” button to save your changes.
That’s it! Your subdomain should now be created and accessible from the internet. However, keep in mind that it can take some time for the changes to propagate throughout the internet’s DNS system, so it may not be immediately available.
Here are some additional tips and considerations to keep in mind when creating a subdomain on Hostinger VPS:
- If you have more than one VPS, you must specify which one this subdomain will be hosted on.
- Verify that your subdomain name is properly spelled and formatted.
- If you want to host many subdomains from the same VPS, you may want to consider establishing a new directory just for your subdomain’s files.
- Contact Hostinger support staff for help if you run into any problems. Whatever problems you have should be easily solved with their assistance.
How do I add a subdomain DNS to Hostinger?
To add a subdomain DNS to Hostinger, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hostinger account.
- Go to the “Domains” section and click on the domain you want to add a subdomain DNS for.
- Scroll down to the “DNS Zone Editor” section and click on “Manage”.
- In the “Add New Record” section, select “CNAME” as the record type.
- Enter the name of your subdomain in the “Name” field. For example, if you want to create a subdomain called “blog”, enter “blog” in the “Name” field.
- In the “Points to” field, enter the domain name of the server or website where your subdomain will point to. This could be an IP address or a domain name.
- Click on the “Add” button to save the new CNAME record.
Once you have completed these steps, your subdomain DNS will be added to Hostinger. It may take some time for the DNS changes to propagate and for your subdomain to become fully active, so be patient.
Benefits of Creating a Subdomain in Hostinger
- With subdomains, you may make it simpler for site users to get the information they need.
- Using subdomains to provide more specific content helps boost SEO.
- Using subdomains to establish distinct sections for various sorts of content might make your website seem more polished and organised.
Hostinger subdomain not working
If you have created a subdomain in Hostinger but it’s not working, there are several reasons why this might be happening. Here are some common reasons and solutions:
- DNS Propagation: The full impact of DNS propagation may not be seen for up to 48 hours. Wait a while if you just established a subdomain.
- Incorrect DNS Records: The DNS records for your subdomain may not be right. Make sure everything is properly configured by checking the settings a second time. Hostinger’s “Zone Editor” and “DNS Zone Administration” sections are where you’ll want to go for access to your domain’s DNS records.
- Server Configuration: Verify that your server supports subdomains. It’s possible that your server won’t recognise the subdomain you’ve established if it isn’t set up to do so.
- Hosting Limitations: See whether the provisioning of subdomains is permitted by your hosting package. If you have already reached the maximum number of subdomains for your hosting plan, you will not be able to add any more.
- Cache: To access the subdomain again, please clear your browser’s cache.
If none of the above solutions work, you may want to contact Hostinger’s support team for further assistance. They will be able to help you diagnose and resolve the issue.
When it comes to creating subdomains, Hostinger is a popular choice due to its easy-to-use interface and affordable pricing. However, there are also other web hosting providers that offer subdomain creation services. Here are some of the alternatives to Hostinger:
- Bluehost: Web hosting service Bluehost is well-known for its dependability and user-friendliness. It has an intuitive UI, and it lets you create as many subdomains as you want.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is among the most well-known names in the web hosting industry. The maximum number of subdomains you may establish is 25, and there are several hosting plans to choose from.
- SiteGround: SiteGround is a web host that is well praised for its fast servers and robust security. It’s simple to use, and you may create as many subdomains as you want.
- DreamHost: With DreamHost, you can get high-quality hosting at a low price. Easy to use, it lets you create as many subdomains as you want.
- A2 Hosting: When it comes to web hosting, A2 Hosting is a top choice due to its stellar reputation for both speed and reliability. The number of subdomains you may establish is not restricted, and the UI is very straightforward.
Each of these web hosting providers has its own unique features and benefits. When choosing a hosting provider, it is important to consider factors such as price, ease of use, and the number of subdomains you need to create.
Creating a subdomain in Hostinger is a simple process that can help you organize your website content and improve your website’s SEO. Hostinger offers affordable hosting plans, a user-friendly control panel, and 24/7 customer support. If you’re looking for a reliable hosting provider to create your subdomain, Hostinger is a great option
What is a subdomain?
A subdomain is a subsection of a larger domain name. It can be used to create separate websites or sections within a website.
How many subdomains can I create in Hostinger?
With Hostinger, you can create an unlimited number of subdomains, depending on the hosting plan you have chosen.
How long does it take to create a subdomain in Hostinger?
Creating a subdomain in Hostinger is a quick and easy process that can be done in just a few minutes.
Can I create a subdomain for free in Hostinger?
Yes, Hostinger offers a free hosting plan that allows users to create a limited number of subdomains.
Can I create subdomains for different languages in Hostinger?
Yes, you can create subdomains for different languages in Hostinger by using a subdomain structure that reflects the language of the content.
Are there any restrictions on the type of content I can host on a subdomain in Hostinger?
Hostinger has strict policies against hosting illegal or offensive content. It is important to adhere to these policies to avoid any account suspension or termination.
Can I create multiple subdomains on Hostinger VPS?
Yes, you can create as many subdomains as you need on Hostinger VPS.
Do I need technical expertise to use Hostinger VPS?
While some technical expertise is helpful, Hostinger VPS is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use for beginners.